THE BUSINESS OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Registered Office: Old Byre House, Millbrook Lane, East Knoyle, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 6AW, UK
We have only ever and will only use your personal information in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
We undertake measures to ensure that all personal information in our possession is processed in accordance with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA).
Collection and use of information
What personal information we collect:
1. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our magazine, and/or associated events, competitions, newsletters, website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
2. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our magazine and/or newsletter services, and/or email notifications; and
4. Any other information that you choose to send to us i.e. email address, telephone number and address.
If informed of changes we will update your personal information to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Using Personal Data
We may use your personal data to:
1. Enable your use of our services available;
2. Send to you goods purchased via the websites, and supply to you services purchased or subscribed to via the websites;
3. Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
4. Send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
5. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
6. Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
7. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the websites, products or services.
We may disclose your information to our mailing house who act as 'data processors' on our behalf, who destroy what they hold after every issue. Our emails are sent via SSL. We do not sell, rent or otherwise distribute any personal information to third parties and never have.
The only cookie that our website uses is generated by our server to prevent misuse of our newsletter form. We don’t use databases at all on our website.
You will be given the opportunity on every marketing communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our emails/communications.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
SP Media Ltd will store all the personal data you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via our website is and will be protected by industry standard cryptographic protocols.
If we introduce passwords, you are responsible for keeping your password and users details confidential.
We measure website usage using AW Stats on our webhost. We do this to make sure our website is meeting the visitors' needs, to monitor any problems and to understand how we could do it better.
AWStats shows us anonymised data numbers. It does not collect or store your personal information (e.g. name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. AWStats does not have access to this data.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We operate under GDPR and DPA. We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining your consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
To meet our data protection obligations, we have established comprehensive and proportionate governance measures.
The DPA and GDPR apply to 'personal data' we process and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities we are responsible for:
We must ensure that personal data shall:
1. Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
2. Be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
3. Give you the right of access to your personal data that we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and will be provided within one month of receipt. To obtain a copy of the personal details we hold on you, please write to us (Privacy Support Officer, SP Media Ltd, Old Byre House, Millbrook Lane, East Knoyle, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 6AW) and provide us with your details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Give you the right to rectification where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
5. Give you the right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but will not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
6. Give you the right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
7. Give you the right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirements to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact our Privacy Officer, email@example.com for more information about GDPR and your rights under data protection law or if you have a complaint about data protection at the-exporter.com
Our supervisory authority for data protection compliance is the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
SP Media Ltd Old Byre House Millbrook Lane East Knoyle Salisbury Wiltshire SP3 6AW UK
© The Exporter 2019-2021