UK Shipping Concierge
The concierge service provides a one-stop shop to help maritime businesses interact with government departments
By News Team
The concierge service provides a one-stop shop to help maritime businesses interact with government departments.
As part of the package of reforms to expand the UK maritime economy, the UK government has set up a concierge service for shipping and associated sub-sectors to provide a one-stop shop for businesses wishing to interact with various government departments.
What the service will provide
The main aims of the concierge service will be to:
- promote the UK maritime offer from a government perspective, continually highlighting the benefits of trading in the UK
- provide strategic account relationships with government department experts, ship owners, operators, managers and maritime sub-sector leaders
- facilitate an accessible link between maritime industry and government
- identify barriers to entry to the UK, influencing policy leads, as appropriate, to build better policy informed by commercial, social and environmental needs
- help propel UK maritime prosperity to create jobs and increase the maritime sector
- provide UK maritime sector with a government centre of expertise, continuously monitoring international competition and recommending adjustments to the UK’s offer
You can read more informatoin about the service here: UK Shipping Concierge Brochure
>> MORE NEWS